Are you fixated on mobile and online video?Does the idea of being part of a team that’s redefining the way people use video to tell their stories sound like a perfect fit for you? Pixorial is growing quickly; we are always looking for outstanding candidates whose talents and experience fit with our vision. Candidates must possess high integrity and passion for innovation, coupled with a sense of humor and a desire to transform the way people use video today. Our headquarters is just south of Denver in Englewood, Colorado.
About PixorialPixorial Inc. is an online video platform that makes it easy for consumers to collect, create and share their video memories. Based in Englewood, Colorado, Pixorial is focused on developing tools (including web-based and mobile for iOS and Android) geared for the typical consumer who is not a video expert. Our customers use their smartphone or video camera to capture special moments, but don’t want to spend hours learning complex video editing software. They just want a simple, straightforward way to create stories with video. Pixorial is a fast-moving, agile company that focuses on working collaboratively to solve problems and meet marketplace demands. We hire people who are passionate about the future of digital video, who think creatively and strategically and are committed to being a leader in our field.
Pixorial Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Choice of medical insurance plan*employee premiums covered at 100%
- Dental insurance
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health savings accounts
- 401(k) plan
- 8 paid holidays annually
- 2 weeks paid time off annually
- $250 vintage media conversion credit
- 250 GB Pixorial Premium plan
Product Marketing ManagerAbout this position: The Product Marketing Manager is an expert on Pixorial’s platform, how it works, who uses it, and how it fits in the onine video ecosphere. He or she is responsible for planning, designing and positioning of Pixorial’s products, including serving as a subject matter expert for development of collateral pieces and documentation. The PMM is also responsible for defining procing and promotional strategies. He or she will also work closely with sales and marketing to ensure all customer satisfaction goals are met. A successful candidate will possess first-rate analytic and strategic thinking skills and the ability to develop product requirements. The Product Marketing Manager will serve as the advocate for hte customer to the development team, using marketing and customer discovery research to develop sensible, achievable product recommendations. The PMM reports to the Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing. The Product Manager will also hold responsibility for working with existing and potential partners to develop contracts and implementation recommendations and plans. Experience with contract review and development is highly desirable. Overall, the Product Manager will focus on making Pixorial’s online video platform world-class and the best possible solution for the general consumer market.
- 5+ years of product management experience for an online technology product or service. Direct experience with online video or photo products or database technology is highly desirable.
- Experience developing and defining the product strategy and roadmap for a best in class technology solution.
- Possesses a deep understanding of the product process, including mining, organizing and surfacing customer feedback.
- Experience planning and executing through the product lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision and working closely with marketing, engineering, sales and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Serve as the primary monitor and collector of competitive intelligence for the company. Maintain a competitive matrix comparing features and benefits.
- B2B sales or sales engineering background within a technology environment, with an emphasis on determining revenue potential and possible integration challenges.
- Strong passion and drive to make a difference and develop online video products that meet the ever-changing needs of a broad consumer audience.
- Have sound business skills with excellent aptitude for technical details.
- Experience working with B2B technology companies serving the Latin American market is a plus, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and experience required.
- Team player with a great attitude and a positive outlook on life (it’s not all about work).
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to execute like a champ – knows how to prioritize and work with minimal supervision.
- Be able to back up recommendations using data.
- Strong quantitative and analytical problem solving skills.
- Results oriented/get it done attitude.
- Extreme detail orientation, especially when it comes to flyspecking prerelease products to ensure brand adherence and a consistent, highly polished consumer experience.
- Data oriented marketer adept at using all available tracking and measurement tools to surface actionable intelligence. Deep experience with Google Analytics, email analytics, creating database reports and using reporting to develop action plans and priorities. Knows how to use data to back up recommendations.
Senior Ruby Engineer – Video ProcessingAbout this position: The Sr. Ruby Engineer – Video Processing is responsible for working as part of the Product Development team to create new solutions for new partners and integrate with new and existing systems. This position is a unique balance of Linux/Unix developer, Video Processor and Web Software developer, with a focus on solving problems. This position will work to optimize solutions for uploading, downloading, encoding and processing a very large number of videos, and work to build a scalable system that will be able to handle future growth. Additionally this position will participate in the planning and implementation of the future integration platform that will be utilized by all partners.
- 5+ years of experience
- Skill with Linux (CentOS) operating systems, shell scripting, and management
- Deep understanding of creating SQL scripts, views, procedure and functions
- Deep experience with Ruby and Ruby On Rails (and C, C++, or Java would be nice)
- Deep experience with MySQL, SQL, Stored Procedures, views
- Deep experience with video encoding (h.264), video processing and ffmpeg
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic team
- Needs to be a total picture problem solver, to work with the Product Team to create a more stable system
- Dedicated to finding answers and making systems better
- Ability to create design documentation derived from requirements
- Ability to work within a project plan
- Lives and breathes technology and technology trends
Nice to have:
- Experience with handbrake
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with Open Source reporting tools like Jasper
- Experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, Cacti, Collectd, New Relic and Monit